Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sanibonani! (Hello)






I pray this finds you all well. Life is good here in Swaziland. We are in the middle of winter and most mornings there is frost, its surreal to see frost in Africa of all places but by 11 am its pretty much all melted away. There is world cup fever here in Swaziland and while we are hundreds of miles away from any of the game action those horns can be heard from every direction. I have started out helping another extension of the ministry, its kind of a mobile soup kitchen. We bake bread and make soup in this small trailer that is completely equipped, we first feed all the children that attend the pre school that come from the community (most impoverished areas) then we take the bread and soup to the homes in the mountains, I am really loving this new duty. I enjoy greatly all the work i am blessed to here however I am really enjoying the opportunity to minister to the Women of Swaziland. Twice in a week I do outreach with women, on tuesday I lead a bible study as I have mentioned and have really been seeing Gods hand at work in that group, the empowerment and strength that only God can bring, these are hurting women and some are putting there safety at risk by even coming to the study but they persevere and continue to seek God and his hand of protection is on them and they are able to come week after week. Every friday I help out at a Women's Shelter and I love it, there are 8 women that range from the ages of 14 - 44, they are coming from all walks of life and all areas of abuse and hurt, its so exciting to see them becoming over comers. The kids are amazing as always, they show me what pure joy in the Lord really looks like ... continue to pray for resources and provision for this ministry. One of the best parts of my day is playing with the kids, it just ministers to my spirit. Every tuesday evening we have a cell group at the farm, we are studying the book and watching the DVD series the Bait of Satan, it is phenomenal, i read the book on my way up here. I am loving learning the language and the songs ... its tough and I am in no way an expert and I'm probably singing the wrong words but none the less God knows right! One of the girls that started this journey at the same time I did has left the farm and a guy from Wales has come for 2 months. There is many teams and missionaries that come through here from all over. My next post I will have pictures of the house i am living in and new pictures from things I have been doing here. I apologize for not being on top of posting new pictures and frequent updates, wireless access is limited and so is time, I totally took for granted to access to these things at home. The connection isn't as fast so it takes a long time to load pictures and even longer for video so it may be some time before I am able to load another video blog. God is so good, he is bringing amazing people around as well ... i am honoured that he has brought me here and while there are challenges and stretching it truly is a gift to be able to be here. Keep praying for me and all of us here. In a little over a week it will be 2 months that I have been here, can hardly believe it. I send my love and greetings to My Family & friends, The Fab Four, My Splash Family and the kids at New Hope Youth,TC Winnipeg and Dakota Community Church I miss you all so much and think of you often. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment