Sunday, October 10, 2010

6,5,4,3,2......ONE!!!!

So if I had to pick a word to describe what life looks like for me right now in Swaziland I would have to say transition. Right now I am in total transition to prepare to leave and go back home to Winnipeg. What’s strange is that it feels like not that long ago I was “transitioning” from life in the western world to here. So here I am, with less than a month of time here and over whelmed with so many thoughts and emotions at the thought of leaving here. But in spite of all of that life does go on, this is a 24/7 ministry and things stop for nothing so while transition is the word there is still so much to be done.

This weekend youth from all surrounding areas of Swaziland are gathering together for the first ever youth leadership conference, this event is kind of like the equivalent to Identify at IBC except … well in Africa. This weekend’s event is called pre revolution and it is the first event leading up to a 3-day camping retreat called Revolution. What an amazing day, watching over 80 young African youth stand before God and make a commitment to make a difference and a change in there nation, 80 + youth from all sorts of backgrounds, orphans possibly some infected with HIV just taking a stand for God to stand in the gap for there nation – it was moving and so encouraging. The event was hosted in a place called Bulembu, an abandoned mining town that was bought by a Canadian in 2001 and turned into a mission compound. Imagine if you can a place like Steinbach or portage la prairie with its sole purpose being to help orphans etc. a complete town dedicated to missions and that is Bulembu, quite a surreal place.

I’ve been transitioning out of my various jobs here as God in his perfect timing has been bringing people to fill in the roles I have held while I have been here. The biggest change has been me moving out of the Half Way house with my girls and moving what will be my 5th home on the farm. God has brought an amazing young women to be “mom” to my girls, so while I am still very involved in the daily happenings in the house I am stepping back and seeing a new vision be cast out for these girls.

It’s been such a blessing to welcome a fellow Canadian to the team here at Hawane; she is a breath of fresh air. I am starting to wrap up the classes that I have been teaching with the Teen Challenge students, I am telling you I had no idea how much I would love not just teaching but teaching these students. What a blessing. God has really been shaking things up with the Teen Challenge students here, and while there have been a few storms in some of there lives its been amazing to see how they have really been planting there feet firmer and firmer in the word of God and seeking God for a deeper relationship.

I am enjoying one day at a time and taking the little extra spare time that I have to really draw closer to God about what he has in store for me next.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment